- 1 head of romaine, washed and cut
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup unsalted almonds
- 1 large orange, sectioned
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar (white wine or red wine vinegar is fine)
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- dash of onion powder
- dash of dried oregano
- Place almonds on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes. Watch carefully, they burn easily.
- Wash and cut romaine. Put in bowl.
- Add the dried cranberries.
- Section the orange and add to bowl.
- Add the almonds last. They will get soggy otherwise.
- Make the vinaigrette: In a small pitcher or glass, add the olive oil, vinegar, orange zest and juice, honey, dried oregano and onion powder. Mix together.
- Add vinaigrette to salad.