Summer Cucumber Salad
(This salad is almost too easy. )
- 4 large cucumbers
- 1 small sweet onion
- 1/2 cup champagne or red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp dried dill
- 4 tbsp sugar
1. Peel cukes. Slice as thin as you can. (If you don’t like seeds, you can de-seed with a melonballer prior to slicing.)
2. Slice onion as thinly as possible.
3. Add the rest of ingredients. Mix.
4. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes or longer to let the vinegar break down the cukes.
- Tomatoes (cherry, grape, plum or beefsteak are fine. Really any kind)
- Green beans (ends trimmed)
- 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp or a little less Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic or onion powder
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the green beans for 4 minutes. Drain. Chop into one inch pieces.
- Peel, seed and chop the cucumbers into chunky pieces.
- If using plum or beefsteak tomatoes, cut the tomatoes into one inch pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, add the beans, tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and garlic or onion powder. Stir. Let sit to absorb the flavors for 10 minutes before serving.