(The beauty of this recipe is that it only has four ingredients and can be ready in 15 minutes. Baked, not fried, so that’s a plus. You can omit the coconut for a really basic recipe. I use corn flake crumbs, but you could use any kind of crumbs you like.)
- Boneless chicken breasts (1lb.)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups corn flake crumbs or any breadcrumbs
- 1 cup flaked shredded coconut
- duck sauce for dipping
- Cut chicken breasts into 1 1/2 inch wide strips.
- Beat the egg in a glass pie plate.
- Fill a foil-lined pan with the crumbs. (Easier cleanup if you use the foil-lined pan). Add the coconut. Mix together.
- Dip the chicken into the egg then the crumb/coconut mixture. Place onto oil-sprayed foiled-lined pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees until done. About 15 minutes. Can even be made in the toaster oven.
For the sauce: I use duck sauce for dipping. You can add a little brown mustard or even hot chinese mustard to the duck sauce for a zingier dipper.