This Meatloaf is so easy because it only uses four key ingredients: chopped beef, eggs, oats and onion soup. The oats are what make it so fluffy and light. This is the oniony version of meatloaf but you can use the same recipe to make italian meatloaf by swapping out the onion soup and using tomato sauce instead. I’ve even tried it using hoisin sauce or barbecue sauce. (Pretty tasty that way, too). Your choice which way you like to make it.
- 1 lb chopped beef
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix combined with 1/2 cup water (or 1/3 cup thick steak sauce, tomato sauce, marinara sauce, barbecue sauce or hoisin sauce)
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
(Note: if making italian meatloaf, use 1/2 cup tomato sauce or marinara sauce instead of the onion soup mix and water. Substitute 1 tsp dried oregano for the worcestershire sauce. Pour some extra tomato sauce over the top of the meatloaf prior to baking.)
- Combine the chopped meat, eggs, the oats into a bowl.
- Add the onion soup mix and water (or whatever liquid you’re using) into the bowl.
- Add the worcestershire sauce and garlic if applicable.
- Mix it all together. I use my hands but you can use anything.
- Line a small pan with foil and mold the meat mixture into the pan. Add some extra worcestershire sauce (or steak sauce, tomato sauce, marinara sauce or hoisin sauce) on top. Spread evenly, with a fork, over top of meatloaf.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes until browned on top.
Couldn’t be easier or faster!