OK, people. If you are like me, you are probably spending a lot of $$$ on room sprays, scented candles and home diffusers. Especially this time of year. Here’s my secret. Try this – and it won’t cost you a dime because you probably have the ingredients in your kitchen already. Only 4, yep, 4, ingredients. It’s not really a pomander, it’s more like a simmering potpourri, if such a thing exists. 🍊 Note: this is not edible. It’s just meant to warm and scent your home during these cold winter nights.
◾2-3 cinnamon sticks (ideally) or 1 tsp ground cinnamon
◾1 tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
1. Fill a small sauce pan with water. Mine is pretty small.
2. Peel an orange. Throw the peel/rind into the pot.
3. Add 2 cinnamon sticks or 1 tsp cinnamon powder
4. Add 20 cloves.
5. Add 1 tsp ground nutmeg (powder).
6. Simmer. Not a boil. Just a low simmer.
7. MOST IMPORTANT: WATCH THE POT. Do not let the water boil away. Add more water when it gets low. Can reuse the mixture for 3-4 days. Mmmmm. Heavenly smell.
Happy Holidays, everyone.