I used small red potatoes for this recipe, primarily because they cook faster, but you can use any kind or size of potatoes you like. I have used Yukons and even your basic white Eastern potatoes. If you use larger potatoes, you will have to adjust the seasoning and cooking time upwards.
◾8 small potatoes
◾extra virgin olive oil
◾salt & pepper
1. Peel potatoes.
2. Cut slits in the top of each potato, 3/4 the way down, being careful not to slice through the bottom of the potato. About 1/8 of an inch apart. Closer, if you can.
3. Place the potatoes in a bowl.
4. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
5. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, salt & pepper. The amount will depend on how you like it and the size of the potatoes.
6. Toss it all together, making sure the potatoes are well coated with the seasoning.
7. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
8. Pour the potatoes onto the foil-lined cookie sheet, slit side up.
9. Bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are browned and fork tender.