This recipe is so easy, I’m embarrassed to post it. Only three ingredients! I serve these with marinara sauce for dipping or horseradish sauce. Serves 2. Appetizer or snack.
◾ 2 medium zucchini (about 6-7 inches long), peeled, ends trimmed
◾1 large egg
◾1 cup cornflake crumbs
1. Halve the zucchini lengthwise, then cut into slices or sticks as seen in the photo. About 1/2 inch thick and as long as you want them.
2. Beat the egg and pour into a dish long enough to accommodate the length of zucchini stick.
3. Pour the breadcrumbs into a separate dish.
4. Dip the zucchini stick into the egg, then the crumbs. Coat all over.
5. Place the sticks on a vegetable-oil-sprayed foil-lined pan.
6. Bake at 450 degrees until browned. About 20 minutes.
7. Serve with marinara sauce or horseradish sauce (mayo and bottled white horseradish. I use Gold’s horseradish sauce. Its delicious!).